Sunday 17 August 2008

Danananaykroyd New Band Piece - Playmusic June 2007

A short lived new bands section that I insisted needed to happen as we were covering unsigned bands and established bands with ease, reviewing newish bands in reviews and choosing our favourite new band for Most Valuable Players; but I still felt like we were abandoning the self-releasing/independent label bands who were far off of major attention, but deserved it. You get very few I TOLD YOU SO moments in music journalism, and some of them are hollow (band's breaking up etc.) but, while there was indsustry buzz (UGH) about this Scottish six-piece, no one had really got up and said: "These guys are fucking brilliant" I wanted to be the first, and although no one read it, I'm pleased that I did. Best live band in the country, and there's a LOT of competition right now.

Danananananaana

No comments: